photo Header_zps11b14c46.png

January 19, 2013

Adore Chambray...

It was 1993 and I was obsessed with button down shirts. My most favorite was a worn washed denim button down that I got at the Gap. I wore this shirt with jeans mostly trying to match the colors perfectly. It was what you wore as a freshman in HS because it was rad.
This look has since been labeled the "Canadian Tuxedo".  I thought I looked so cool.

Fast forward 20 years (really, it's been that long!?!?!) and I am once again in love with that denim shirt now labeled the "chambray".

My styling and fashion sense has expanded so much since those high school days and I am now pairing this button down with everything from skirts & black pants to colored denim & layering it under cozy sweaters and blazers. It is my go to item in my closet when I don't know what to wear & it has replaced a cardigan for many of my outfits. I especially adore it mixed with a bold print like leopard.

 Here are a few of my favorite looks!

Mixed with a striped maxi and a pop of red.

A short emerald green skirt & gold belt.

Cream blazer & simply gold jewelry.

White blazer & gold sequin shorts.

Black leggings/jeans & brown boots


Light gray sweater & black/dark wash jeans.

Who can deny this looks AH-MAZING. Chambray over a wedding dress with cowboy boots.



*all images taken from Pinterest. Follow my @ DDByG on Pinterest

The sky is the limit when pairing the Chambray shirt. Anything goes! 

Design Your Life!  G





No comments:

Post a Comment